15 January 2008

Just get on with it....

Yesterday I met with both of my tutors - Dr. Lawes for John Donne and Dr. Edwards for Development of early Christian doctrine. I have two papers (about 6 pages each) due on Monday. The writing doesn't scare me as much as all the reading. I got a little bit done today, but I spent my day perhaps inefficiently. After breakfast, I went over to the Theology Faculty Library (TFL) right when it opened to try to obtain the books necessary for my paper this week. It had all but one of them, which was a bit disappointing. Then I hurried over to St. Aldate's to find a place called Benny's, which apparently has the best calling cards. Then I rushed over to the St. Cross building to attend a lecture. It was fascinating: "Standardization and the History of English." I learned a lot today from it, and have a lot to think about. In that same building is the English Faculty Library (EFL), and so I went there to get some of my John Donne books. Walked home, ate a sad lunch consisting of a plate of deli meat, cheese, veggies and an apple. I needed to call my family, but I was kind of anxious about that, so I set about doing something other than studying - responding to e-mails, doing laundry, tidying up. I tried to settle into a Donne book, but had little success, and decided to switch over to Theology and go upstairs to the living room, which was a good choice.

Blah blah blah - boring.

Anyways. We ordered in Indian food tonight, and it was grub.

There were other things I wanted to say...but I forgot.

I am intermittently working on a Who's Who in Oxford post, complete with pictures and clever little details. Also, once I am done with them, I will post excerpts/synopses of my papers so that you can all see that I actually AM learning something.

4 comments:

Gina said...

So good to read about your studies. Will send your package in an hour or so. Good luck with all your reading.

Just to let you know, Martin has been super happy ALL day. Your call really cheered him up. It was also a great relief to my mind to speak with you. It made your absence less heavy in a way because I was able to have a sense of you. Thank you for indulging me and us.

Love!

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I just learned that you are in England. I'm so excited for you. What a great experience. Hope you are enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

yea! Hi Erin - It's the Gonzales-Aden's! I've been waiting to find your blog. Sounds like you need a bike! God's Blessings.

Chris

erin* said...

Mom - I am highly anticipating the arrival of my shoes, and my Peanut Butter M&Ms, and your love, all in one neat little package.

Sophia - I am enjoying it a lot! There are some great people here, which makes the experience even better. I miss being at home though, and I am really grateful for all the support I've gotten from everyone at St. Andrew.

Gonzales-Adens - I am glad that you found it! Enjoy!