07 October 2008

I want to go and explore something!

But instead, I am in my house, in the living room, alone, on the stone floor, writing a precis of Hamlet.

I cannot begin to explain how ridiculous this assignment is. A 400-level English class should not require a precis. It should require serious interaction with secondary sources (but none of that, either). It's terrible.

I would rather go and explore something.

How unadventurous my life is.

Tomorrow I think I will try to write a poem on a typewriter.

3 comments:

jenny baker said...

ooh yes! typewriters make everything literally sound more literary.

Papa Bear said...

My poetry instructor only wrote, and still does, on a typewriter. The old type that creates rhythm as you force the key to strike the letter. Hummm. Sounds Like a gift idea to me. I wonder if it comes with a pint?

erin* said...

a gift idea, eh dad? sounds good!