06 March 2009

Today, in summary

1 hour of "work," consisting of turning on library computers, and then talking to my lovely co-workers while maintaining pretensions of trying to do homework.

I sat in my living room in Riverside and wrote, listened to a great playlist, and took solace in the green trees against the blue-grey mountains.

I went to Coffee Depot at the Plaza, and I will never go back. The coffee is pretty good. The atmosphere is the kind in which I can be very productive. But there is an awful digital buzzing sound that comes from the refrigerator or something, and I just can't handle it. Also, they played a song from Beauty and the Beast. Coffee shop music fail. You can find me at Coffee Roasters next time I'm in town.

The sunset was beautiful tonight, as it always is. I think it is better in Riverside than in La Mirada, though.

The akathist hymn. I think that we sing it the best, but that's just me.

My mom made eggplant for dinner, and did a wonderful job of it!

When I got back to La Mirada, I found my missing books! And my passport. I've been searching for those three things for days. Thanks, St. Phanourios!

Now I am going to go to bed. Tomorrow:
Homework - possibly outside. This might call for some pretty clothes.
Duncheon
Work - also known as two hours of reading time.
Christine is giving her presentation on India. I am excited. :)
Setting the clock ahead one hour - unacceptable. Not only will I lose an hour in the middle of a weekend which cannot spare a minute (except to write this, naturally), it will be very dark when I wake up in the morning to go to work. This is sad.

I love the springtime.

No comments: