25 August 2009

sing the song, don't be long,


So I picked up this album today at Red Planet Records down on Indiana (What happened to CD World?). The place was chock full of classic, and I mean classic, records. Tons of the Beatles. Of course, some twit had to write his name all over Hard Day's Night, not that I was going to buy i anyway. I bought Revolver, for no particular reason.

But I digress. So I picked up this album, and to be honest, it is only because I love "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes." It's a classic song, but it most recently sparked my interest late one night as I was driving back to Riverside from Palm Desert this summer.

I have to say, there is something about the photograph, the whole set up of the album art that I really love. The dilapidated house, the blue shutters, the torn up couch that probably used to be quite a beautiful piece of furniture, the palm tree peeking out on the left side there...and the mailbox.

Below is another photograph from the same time. I like the more vivid colors, the change in details, and the fact that Nash is not looking at the camera. I like his style...


I also picked up another album for my Simon and Garfunkel collection, Bookends and then a copy of Paul Simon's Still Crazy After All These Years, and some Dire Straits and two Fleetwood Mac albums. So even though they'll be sitting on my shelf for the next year, it's nice to know they'll be here when I get back.

No comments: