29 May 2008

May, she will stay, resting in my arms again

The end of May! Oh no!

Another month has come and gone. I have been home now for a whole month, which has been quite an adjustment. I started working at the church again, which is wonderful.

Lately I have been rather taken with the shade of blue the sky is. I love it a lot, and I am not sure why. I think it is because it is one of the hallmarks of this time of year, which is my favorite in Southern California. I know it won't last, but I think that's what makes it so wonderful. I know that in just a few weeks, after June Gloom wears off, I will say to Fr. Josiah one day, "It's obscenely hot outside," at which point he will remind me that it's hot but not as hot as hell.

I've added some photos here, just for fun. Some of them involve the sky. Some of them just involve some of my favorite people.

Porto, Portugal. Where they make Port wine. The city that knows who you are. Totally old world, totally beautiful. Here, there are francesinhas, Super Bock, friendly AIDS patients, and perfect parks for reading/napping.


Matesinhas, the beach in Porto. It was really nice. We went and watched the sunset and read our books while the cool evening approached. We collected sea shells and climbed rocks, barely making it out before the tide came in.




Lisbon is where Scot, Allison and I did our urban hiking. See that castle in the background? We had been there only a few hours before. Why do all the cool kids live in Pennsylvania? Why?


All of them, except for Holly. Brittany and Kat live in Pennsylvania, too. It's really just an excuse to get to go and visit them, though. They were the best roommates, and I wish we had more time to spend together.

So you see, beautiful skies and beautiful people with whom to share them. The only thing that makes it more beautiful are their smiles.

I get by with a little help from my friends. :)

1 comment:

b said...

fun photos + i really like your new background... fancy!