23 November 2009

today i went to the fabric store. i bought fabric, for secret things (sshhhhh! you can't know until christmas!) and, really enjoyed it.

on my way back, on the bus from the mission to the "tender nob," as my neighborhood is sometimes so uncomfortably called, i had such a pleasant experience sharing a space with the people who were on the bus.

first, as i was waiting for the bus, the man sitting near me said, "man, it's cold isn't it?" this was ridiculous because the sun was coming down (it's always sunny in the mission) and it was very warm. i said, "no, it's warm! i like it!" and he said, "i just wanted to see what kind of personality you were! it is warm, and i like it too!" he struck me as a little odd, though pleasant, but i didn't sit near him on the bus since he snuck on the back anyways.

i sat in down near the front, and another young lady my age gets on and sits next to me. i thought she had spoken to me, but she was speaking to another lady, saying "you too!" when wished a happy thanksgiving. we smiled, and i continued reading a blog post about making thigns out of fabric (and i can't tell you what kind of things because i would give away what someone is getting for christmas!). i shared a smile with the thanksgiving lady, across from me, when the baby at the front of the bus cried incessantly and we all felt bad for her, and for her mother. i shared a laugh and a short conversation about teething with the girl next to me when the older mexican men sitting across from the baby stared clapping to try to distract her from her own crying.

i was very glad that, even when she was on the phone, she said goodbye as she was getting off the bus, and that the thanksgiving lady gave me a lovely grin as i exited the bus myself, as did another older gentleman.

that was one jolly bus ride. it reminds me of how much i really like people.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you sure? That was the best bus ride? Sounds like a lot of noise going on. Well, I hope you made a wonderful Christmas present out of the fabric that you bought! Thanks for sharing, keep blogging! Mona

MegSaid said...

Enjoyed reading your rambling and especially the bit about the man who mentioned the weather, whom you did not sit next to, since he sneaked on the back of the bus.

Teapot Lou said...

I would have smiled at you and listened to the conversations going on on the bus. I like listening to peoples lives unfold as the wheels move beneath them.

That was a nice bus ride you had.

Anonymous said...

Capitalize your I's!!!

Anonymous said...

thats really nice, its good when we really appreciate the little things in life.. i know when i catch the bus its terrible.. alot of weirdos whom i really dontnwant to be caught with.. but eh whatdya do? thanks for sahring :)

Bernice Bowling said...

I love your blog. I am a crafty person too. I can't wait to read more. :)

Anonymous said...

Because it contains so many efficient software options in one package, Microsoft office 2007 gives you access to a multitude of options that save you time and keep you organized. So much important communication is now done via e-mail, Office 2007 includes several features that help you manage key correspondence.