18 November 2009

I know, I know.

I can hear you all now.

Erin never blogs anymore.

All four of you are sad.

------------------------------

I'll give you quick highlights, I guess, since it's been so long. I've started keeping a journal. I agonized for about 27 minutes about which notebook to pick. [Green. Lies flat. Lined. Smooth, thick pages. Letter sized.] So it's not super awesome yet, but it might be something super awesome. Just writing.

One of my favorite neighborhoods is the Mission. Great book stores [Dog Eared Books. Modern Times.], delicious burritos [Paplote. El Castillito. Los Jarritos], interesting community centers [826 Valencia.], tasty coffe [Ritual.], and clever little shops [Her Majesty's Secret Beekeeper.]. I go there a lot.

There is a man, Dr. Francis Rigney, whose mother founded Raphael House [and, before that, the American Cancer Society.], who often comes for dinner. For a while, he was Jack Kerouac's psychiatrist. He knew all the beat guys. So that would be a cool thing, if I thought Kerouac was cool. Actually, it's kind of cool anyway.

I like my work. I like the people. I'm trying to find a church...supposedly there are lots of Orthodox people in San Francisco but the only ones who are my age already live with me...so...

That's life right now. My project for myself, or really the project that Zak gave me, is to mull over the idea of community and how we can implement this into Raphael House currently. So more to come, I suppose.

- E

4 comments:

Matteo said...

So we should discuss your life sometime. Because I really don't know what exactly it is you're doing at St. Raphael House... besides being awesome. Let me know.

Oh, and I was sad. so at least 25% of your readers were upset.

Christine said...

You know how I feel about this. You also failed to mention you've been posting somewhere else in the meantime! GASP!
Oh well, I'll take what I can get, where I can find it. You know why, Erin? Cause I love you. Yes, that's right, I said it. I love you! And I'm not ashamed to say it!!

:)

M.c scooby said...

life would be perfect if only one reason find its way

Anonymous said...

Because it contains so many efficient software options in one package, Microsoft office 2007 gives you access to a multitude of options that save you time and keep you organized. So much important communication is now done via e-mail, Office 2007 includes several features that help you manage key correspondence.