09 April 2008

The home stretch

It is so late, and I am so tired.

I am writing my last essay. It isn't what I would like it to be, but I hope that it will be good nevertheless.

We're in the home stretch, now. This essay is due at noon, in ten hours. Then I need to pack, prepare for my travels, say goodbyes, enjoy time with my friends, and go to some sort of debriefing meeting on Friday. Then, very early on Saturday morning, I will get on a bus to London to get on a plane to PORTUGAL.

Unfortunately, the forecast is for rain. Lots of rain. Hopefully that will change.

The last few days have been marvelous and marvelously sad. I started missing people already, probably about a week ago.

Honestly, I cannot wait until this paper is over. I want to be rid of it forever.

I want to find a beach, and lay in the sun.

Maybe I could be a writer someday. I'd have to find something interesting to write about. But maybe someday.

No comments: